"I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." Vincent Van Gough

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

me n' Jesus - Salt Lake City, UT

So I went to temple square to hang out with some Mormons and learn a little bit about them. . . and I did just that. I learned several things I never knew before - mostly about their continual modern day prophets... interesting.
Britt and I got an intimate tour with 2 ladies on their mission from Singapore and Japan. It amazed both of us how intentional and dedicated they were to their beliefs in terms of going door to door to dedicating those 2 years.
We then went on to see their conference center that is used 2 times a year to hear from their modern day prophets and choir.
Later in the day I walked by some kids and a few adults wearing name-tags that sported the logo of "Challenge" a modern-day evangelical church conference for students. This made me happy because it was at a challenge conference that I made a decision for Jesus 8 years ago yesterday. I told them this and then they questioned why in the world I was hanging out with Mormons and visiting the temple. I just simply said, "the same reason you're here."
I was there to love on some people - whoever I ran into. Learn more about why Mormon's believe what they believe and what exactly they believe and finally to...
get my picture taken with Jesus.

1 comment:

david o smith said...

You have a beautiful attitude towards your fellow children of God. Thank you for the inspiring example.