"I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." Vincent Van Gough

Monday, July 14, 2008

random from July

A lot of random-ness has been going through my head these days, and that as translated into my actions...
*Out of my boredom the other day I joined an adult soccer league here in Ames, Iowa. While this seemed like a good idea at the time - 4 22minute quarters later and a bike ride to the other end of town had me questioning my decision and what I do with my boredom. Considering I hadn't actaully placed soccer since some intramural games at Iowa State, I was quite rusty.
*Midnight Madness happened a few days ago- a 10k race. I decided to go all out and do the 10k with a buddy from high school. . . yet another enduring task that ended up being a wonderful choice. It was a lovely evening with a nice breeze, I suppose the best thing about running just over 6 miles outside in the summer time.

I went to church alone the other day and began to have somewhat of a panic attack in my seat... thinking things like - why in the world am I sitting in a completely comfortable seat while over half the world suffers? why am I in an auditorium setting being almost entertained while over half the world isn't even educated? These thoughts ran on and on, until I finally was able to relax myself with some writing in the church bulletin that had nothing to do with anything. Needless to say, I didn't listen much at church that day.

The Iowa Games are coming up, which means lots of people will be in Ames... but what's more exciting is RAGBRAI is going through Ames next Tuesday and I am joining the ride with a few friends and family members as they leave Ames to go to Tama. The ride is somewhere around 70 miles, should be another exciting challenge.

I guess there isn't much more to say... It's nice to be back in a city where you can smile and say hello to everyone you go by without them thinking you're crazy.

No comments: